We will reopen the salon on Tuesday, May 5th. Our services will be somewhat different than you are used to at AVBS, as we will be temporarily shifting from a focus on “Experience” to a focus on “Safety and Efficiency.” We are going to outline many of the details below, several of which will ask some things of you, the guest, to help us provide the most safe and efficient services that we can. Before we list the steps that we’re taking and outline the plan, it is also important to note that we will be honoring the guests that have a pre-booked (standing) appointment first, as well as rescheduling those guests that had an April appointment that was cancelled. We will be contacting you. At this time, please wait for us to contact you; Beginning at 10:00 AM Tuesday, May 5th our phones will be active again. Until then, we will not be taking any incoming appointment requests via phone, email or social media. This time will be used by the Stylists to contact all pre-booked and cancelled appointments.
We will be focusing on maintenance services that can be performed relatively easily under our current conditions. These will include services such as Haircuts and Bang Trims. On the color side, we will be focusing on single-color retouches (color or lightener), all-over colors (single and glazes), and easy dimensional color (surface highlighting/low-lighting with root retouches). We will also perform some extension services (and your stylist will be able to help you more with that).
At this time, we will not be performing any requests of “dramatic change,” but it’s certainly something that we can talk about down the road (possibly for your next appointment).
We will also be altering things like the duration of the Wash House / Lather Lounge Experience and some blow-dry styling. This is a temporary change but a necessary one at this time. It helps us stay on-time, which helps us focus on safety, which is the most important thing. We will also not have any salon-beverages available. Again, these changes will only be temporary.
1. Salon Entry. We will not be using reception furniture, so there will be no place to wait in the salon. Text us your name to 417-450-8243. We will ask that you remain in your car until we notify you to enter the salon. Please have a mobile phone or tablet that is data equipped to receive text messages. We will be using a non-contact thermometer to check the temperature of all staff and all guests before entry.
2. Masks. We will be wearing masks, and we will be requiring the guests to wear masks also. We are looking into providing a new mask for guests, which will be added to the ticket, but we haven’t finalized that detail yet. We will post again when we have more information regarding this change. For now, please plan to bring your own mask to your appointment.
3. Robes. We will not be providing salon robes or cutting shirts temporarily, as it adds one-more layer of complexity to our safety and sanitization procedures. We ask that you wear something to the salon that you are ok with getting wet or stained (for color services). Please dress appropriately for the nature of the visit.
4. Social Distancing. We will be isolating every-other salon chair in the salon for guests. This will create a working distance of eleven-feet between each guest.
5. Sanitization. We will disinfect the work area (stations) before the arrival of each guest individually. Rest assured that you will be seated in a sanitized area (to the best of our abilities).
6. One guest per appointment. No extra-people will be allowed in the salon (spectators / onlookers). The exception will be for people that need assistance to arrive safely to the building. Please, do not bring children or pets to your appointment. We have no space set aside for them to wait. If you have a child that needs an appointment, your stylist will discuss the safest manner to receive that service with you.
We appreciate you greatly, and thank you ahead of time for your patience and understanding during this unique time. We will do our best to provide you service in as safe an environment as possible. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Dry Hair Consultation, a journey to the Wash House for our signature scalp / neck massage, a wet cut, blow-dry with knowledge, and dry detailing.
A trip to the Color-Bar for a custom-mix of hues to create multi-dimensional color effect suited to your cut and style.
Online booking available For E1 - E3. Please call 417.881.2666 to reserve services with Featured Artists.
Feed coming soon
Valeria and AVBS were recently part of a Paul Mitchell Style Trip episode for Springfield, Mo. We're proud to share this honor with Erin and Blue Skies Salon. Take a look!
We offer a 15% discount for guests 65 and older with E1 & E2 Stylists Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. This discount is valid on services reserved between 10am-3pm. We also offer a 10% discount on any full-priced Paul Mitchell products.
We offer a 15% discount for active military (and spouses) & military veterans with E1 & E2 Stylists Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. We also offer a 10% discount on any full-priced Paul Mitchell products
We offer a student discount for those currently enrolled in a local college or trade school. A valid student ID is required. This is 10% discount available with E1 & E2 Stylists on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. We also offer a 10% discount on any non-sale Paul Mitchell products.
Looking for a last-minute deal, or want to treat someone to a service? Call us or message us on Facebook to see if we have any unfilled times or last-minute cancellations. We often discount appointments 20-30% (depending on stylist and time) if we have been unable to fill the opening. 417.881.2666 or https://www.facebook.com/avbsalon/
Customers have questions, you have answers. Display the most frequently asked questions, so everybody benefits.
Sign up to hear from us about events, discounts, and exclusives from AVBSshop.com